|ECARES offers a modern PhD programme comprising two years of formal training - via course and seminars - and research. Courses are taught by permanent faculty affiliated to the European Center for Advanced Research in Economics and Statistics (ECARES) at Université Libre de Bruxelles and visiting Professors from leading institutions in Europe and the United States. During the period 1991/1999 the ECARES doctoral school hosted 48 visiting professors from Universities like Princeton, Toulouse, Modena, Cambridge, Chicago, Jerusalem and Berkeley. The school also hosted 18 visiting researchers.
The school is particularly strong in contract theory, corporate governance and applied econometrics.
|Specific training and research opportunities ECARES can offer early stage researchers:
• Access to the executive director of the European Corporate Governance Institute (ECGI) and ECGI activities organised out of Brussels (see description of the ECGI node);
• Access to specialist faculty and courses in microeconomic theory, in particular contract theory (Mathias Dewatripont, Patrick Legros, Victor Ginsburgh);
• Access to specialists faculty and courses in econometrics and statistics (Lucrezia Reichlin, Marc Hallin);
• Cross-links to other networks and exchange agreements in particular to CORE at the Université Catholique de Louvain and ENTER;
• Access to the electronic library of the ULB, with electronic journals, bibliographic, legal, and company databases (see www.bib.ulb.ac.be).
|Scientist-in-charge: Mathias Dewatripont
|Team members: Victor Ginsburgh:
|Early Stage Researcher: Simone Hirschvogl: